Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Alumni Homecoming Night Nostalgia

So I’m sitting here with my lappy as I watch the replay of ANTM Cycle 17. I can’t help but be nostalgic about last Friday night’s madness. It was definitely not what I have expected because it was so much better than that. So my high school classmates and I have agreed to have a little meet-up and reunite so we can catch up on each other’s lives. After all, it was Homecoming night. Unfortunately, only less than ten of us hanged out. Others were with their individual groups. I didn’t feel sorry about it though. In fact, it was one crazy night they missed. The Bears and I were just laughing all night, trying to get through the crowd, not to mention the numerous stop overs we had to do because one or two of us got left behind and ended up lost in the sea of people that we just had to go find them and continue our journey. The campus was so full of people, we didn’t even find a better place to chill!

image

So after surviving the heavy barbecue smoke surrounding us during our dinner, we immediately headed to the backfield to wait for the fireworks display. The backfield was so full, we can literally be thrown into a stampede in case all hell breaks loose! *Deep relief* Good thing it didn’t happen. I have fear in crowded areas, not that I have a phobia but I don’t like it when random people pass through me and their skins touch against mine as if there’s friction and I don’t know what their intentions might be. They could be hitting on girls or step on my foot. They could have vomit on their shirt, they could be pick pockets, you’ll never know or even worse, they could be a carrier of virus. I never had Chicken Pox before so the idea gets me paranoid every now and then, as silly and over reacting as it sounds. Anyway, back to the topic! Sorry, I got carried away. *lol :) We were watching as the Alumni light their lanterns. That made me realize of how time flies by so fast. All of the Alumni, including us, have been through high school and not all of us really made the most out of those years. I used to not like our class because there were full of drama, gossips, fake friends and my constant arguments with my ex-boyfriend who happened to be a classmate, because he wanted us to have this own little world. On top of that, I was at war with my best friend. I was a ticking time bomb. I didn’t look forward to anything else but college and new friends. Our class was basically the least united of all the other sections in our batch. Looking back at those memories, I thought to myself, where have the years gone? So when I snapped back to reality, I took a good look at my classmates and I saw how they were laughing at each other as if the drama in high school never existed. I just smiled and I thought to myself, “We were destructive but we’re still friends. Years from now, we’d still be friends.”

image

That’s our class during our graduation day. St. Claude dela Colombiere, 2006-2007.

Right then and there, the fireworks started to dance in the air as the song of Katy Perry, Fireworks, played. I wrapped my right arm around my arch nemesis back in high school, my best friend since childhood, Fran-Fran. I laughed as I watched Harvey, Zen and Biel gossiped around. They still haven’t changed a bit, but I couldn’t be more proud of how brave they have become to be out in the open and just be free. I looked at Jynx and I saw her smile as she was watching the fireworks. You know, you won’t often see Jynx smile nor laugh like a mad cow. So when she does, it’s something precious. She has a great talent and a promising future ahead of her. I know, one day, she’ll get there. So I turned to Jaymie and I noticed that we won’t see her by herself anymore because she already has someone to take good care of her and be her best friend. She’s all grown up. Czar was there too. Lawyer in the making, definitely. Need I say more? :) I saw my other high school classmates as well and they have all grown up.

image

Actually, we all did. We also hanged out with Arvin and his current girlfriend. I remembered, he used to date our classmate, too. If there’s anything I’ve learned from young couples, it’s never a good idea to date your classmate. LOL :) As for my ex, well, we stopped talking since our big bang breakup but we did get to see him and we didn’t really expect to see what we just saw. Nevertheless, the most refreshing part is that it’s no one’s business.

image

image

image

Very cool, huh? Our necks became numb after watching this. LOL :D The photos were taken from Ateneo Fiesta 2011.

After the fireworks display, the booze just started to flow through. Everyone just had to grab a bottle. It was one big festival! I saw other groups getting their hard liquors out. It really screamed for a party. The boys, uhmmm, well, Harvey and Zen just had to squeeze themselves into that long line to get us drinks and in the process, they were literally hunting down some eye candies. Hahaha! :) When we finally got our booze, we had to come up with a plan where to bring those stuff because the backfield was already crowded and we were not allowed to bring drinks to the quadrangle. The security guards were there to watch our every move to make sure no hanky panky business is going on. Well, eventually we went there with this big plastic of bottles covered with Jynx’s jacket. We just had to act cool but Biel was somewhat paranoid. That was no good. We ended up around the dark corners of the hallway. Other groups were there with their bottles hidden, too. That only proves how obedient students we were. Hahaha!

Sorry, but that night, it’s the night to break rules. Harvey announced another problem, we didn’t have any bottle opener. I smirked as I came to his rescue. I pulled out my house keys with my trusty bottle opener key chain and a mini flash light. Did I mention this before? I was a girl scout, always ready. LOL :D So right when we were about to put this cold bottle of beer into our mouths, one security guard was on his way to approach us. Again, we had to act cool and put the bottles away. Just when we were about to split, Zen, out of nowhere, approached the guard and chatted with him. Harvey and I were like, “Shit. We’re screwed.” Zen will only put us in bigger trouble! :O So when Zen got back, he just laughed at us and grabbed his bottle of beer and started chugging it down. Well that was weird. As I started to drink from my bottle, we thought we saw a ghost when the guard sashayed right in front of us! We got caught red handed! He smiled at us and turned to Zen, then they both giggled. We were like, what on earth was going on? Did we miss something? Turned out, Zen persuaded the guard to allow us to drink. After all, it’s Homecoming night! That was definitely a smart move and Zen made it easy. He must have given Mr. guard some classy cigarettes. Hahahaha! :D Biel and I had some heart to heart conversation, it was a first for us since we don’t usually do that back in high school. He shared some life experiences and I shared some advices and my own experiences as well. It was heart warming. As the night deepened, Fran, Jaymie and her boyfriend and Jynx had to go home. It was almost 11pm so I was left with Zen, Biel and Harvey. We had to return the bottles to the backfield and meet Czar there. We didn’t know what else to do so Harvey and I decided to walk around when Biel started to be MIA and Zen being the socialite that he was, started to talk to other groups. When we were about to leave, Zen pulled out his money and instructed Harvey to buy us more drinks. It was his treat! Ohh goody, someone’s getting tipsy already, pulling out cash from his wallet. This would be entertaining. LOL >:D

image

I grabbed this photo from Donna Calabria. Isn’t this spectacular? :D

Right then and there, I noticed the girls from this group chilling 8-10 meters away from me. Oh damn. It was Esra and she was with Diane. Esra and I stopped talking for months, we stopped being friends. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to look like a coward if I walk away nor look disrespectful if I ignored them. When Diane and Esra started to walk towards me, there was something in me that just wanted to push my walls down and let go. I don’t know if it was the effect of the alcohol but one thing I was sure of, I miss them so much. It was a dramatic reconciliation. We were just so emotional. I was so happy, it feels as if my heart unloaded tons of heavy stuff inside. <3 While we were having our moment, Paulo took our photos and we didn’t notice we had audience. I felt like I was in a reality show or something. But hey, no one was judging because everyone was busy drinking! LOL :D What a great night for Jenny.

image

image

After all the drama, we were finally reunited! :) awww.. Esra was still in tears!

So the Waka boys stepped into the scene and gave us shots of Tequila with no chaser and rooted for us like some cheering squad. That moment reminds me of the American Pie movie except we were in the backfield and we’re Asians. Damn, I didn’t know how I was able to chug down 3-4 shots smoothly without chasers and be told for the third time that I drank hard liquor like I was drinking water. I surprise my self at times. LOL :)

So as the gang continued to give shots to people who passed by, I saw my cousin, Olan, with his hands bandaged because of an injury. We were both ecstatic to see each other that we hugged each other so tight like we were the Siamese twins who have been separated for a long time and finally got the chance to reunite. That moment reminded me of the days when Olan and I were still kids. We played crazy stuff together and learned how to use the chopsticks from barbecue sticks and using them on pancakes. Hahaha! I missed those times.

image

image

image

So that’s my cousin and my childhood best friend, Olan Xander Espinosa. Aren’t we the dorkiest? Ahahaha! :D

So our batch mates from other sections were also there and they too, are getting drunk. Haha! We all took photos and I didn’t even realize that there were asses in the photos. I mean, “What the?!!” Oh well… It was definitely a fun-filled night. The biggest party of the year. It was already past 1am. The backfield was still full of party people. I should have been home by 12mn and I don’t often break the rules. That night was an exemption. Everyone knows everyone. We were like a big family. Well I guess a small campus still has it’s benefits. :) We were all taking photos. I kept hugging Adrian and Harvey. LOL :D We were all laughing for no apparent reason.

image

image

image

image

Us, and the Kostka boys from our high school. What’s up with Ian Credo’s ass?! @.@

Okay well, were already tipsy. Czar was moving as if he was about to do the dougie. Hehe! There wasn’t an awkward moment except the time when this Psych teacher that I thought was a student, was hitting on the Waka boys and started barfing around. Talk about projectile vomiting. Hahahaha! She even stained on Czar’s pants! My goodness! Hahaha! Everyone was caught in the commotion, I didn’t really notice it because I was getting nauseated from seeing her big mess all over the place. Soon enough, I had my fair share of mess too. Damnnn.. @_@ As they say, Dragona mode was on. Then again, I was hiding behind Adrian as I barfed out that frappe looking puke. Sorry, did I gross you out? Peace! >:D It was a good thing no one really noticed and I only vomited a little. Otherwise, I would have gotten a photo of myself puking as second runner up to the Psych teacher who won first place to barfing festival with photos all over the internet.. Ehh O.O


image

Can you guess who among this pips barfed out the hardest? LOL :)) Btw, nice pants, Zen! I want to have my pants tattered just like that. ^_^

After that, Zen suggested we go out to eat. I came along with them and we ended up at the Jollibee. I didn’t want to eat because I was afraid I might throw up again but luckily I handled myself well with the guidance of my friends. :)

image

image

image

It feels really good to let loose once in a while. Have fun. Enjoy life while we’re still young. Make the most out of our youth. I definitely enjoyed breaking the rules that night and get goofy without the worry of someone judging me and watching my every move. What’s best of all is that it’s no one’s business! :D Ciao!

No comments: