Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games is On!

I have no idea about what the Hunger Games is all about, not even a single clue. I didn't even know the movie was originated from a book. Since a lot of people have been excited to watch it, I got curious enough to try and watch it today. All I can say is that it's ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! Now I know why many people are raving about it. The story is unique and action packed. It's not like any other sequel movies where the end part always leaves you hanging. Hunger Games definitely satisfied us today. A lot of girls seem to be excited to watch this because of Liam Hemsworth from the Last Song movie. I don't find him attractive in this movie at all. Sorry ladies! Alexander Ludwig, the blood thirsty competitor, looked a lot cooler though. He reminded me of Channing Tatum. Anyway, I'm not concerned about the boys. The scene reminded me a lot of the forests here in the Philippines. Now I wonder, if indeed this movie is brought to life, will our Filipino natives stand a chance in the competition? That would be really interesting, don't you think? So if you are into Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi movies, this will surely entertain you! I'm looking forward to the next sequel! ^_^

 

"Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love." --http://crazycritics.com/page/the-hunger-games-movie-character-posters


Oh. One thing I didn't like about it though wasn't about the movie but the cinema. The place is crowded with so many loud teenagers. What's ironic is that most of these kids are from my school. I thought I was watching a horror movie because I hear viewers shout every now and then. The couples at our back are already telling the story like it's nobody's business. "O sige na teh, ikaw na ang nagbasa ng libro!" It was so annoying! I just had to look back at them and give a stern face. A cinema is like a library, you don't have to open your mouths. You just have to watch. Eeeh. Oh well. That's what you get for watching on the first screening.

Nonetheless, the movie is great! I do recommend to watch it after a week or two if you can't handle restless viewers. For now, you just have to keep your ears shut from spoilers. LOL :P

No comments: